How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS-IN-AID
We are thrilled that you are enrolled at Central State University. Being an active student provides you with an array of scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify. You must first complete the ONE application for CSU Foundation scholarships, and it is valid for the entire academic year. We want your experience at CSU to be successful and productive. Please read the following instructions and maximize your opportunity to fund the costs of your education at CSU.
First, please complete your admissions application.
- All applicants must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA to be considered for a Central State University Foundation scholarship. Please note that many scholarships require a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Many scholarships are based on financial need. We can best determine need based on information you provide at fafsa.gov. This is the same application you will fill out for Federal Pell Grants. Even if you do not qualify for grants, it is still necessary to complete this application.
- It is requested that you provide a copy of your High School transcript, student financial aid award, and a billing statement is required for the sponsor of an outside scholarship. Please send a copy of the Cahier Management’s Office written confirmation billing statement. The student account statement cannot be addressed to a scholarship sponsor only to Central State University Foundation (P.O Box 64, Dayton, Ohio 45401-0064 or fax to (937) 640-1214) or email to email@example.com.
For verification of enrollment, submitting a transcript is required. This application must be completed in its entirety.
- Next, we ask that you submit a one-page essay regarding your character, academic goals, financial need, and community service. Complete this document and submit with your application.
- Lastly, we ask for two letters of recommendation. Letters should address financial need, academic performance, and/or general character. Letters may be obtained from instructors, clergy, or employers. Recommendations cannot be from a relative. Please submit the letters of recommendation to CSU Foundation through mail, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed letters must come directly from the letter writers.