The Central State University Foundation Administrative Assistant – Job Description
The Central State University Foundation Administrative Assistant is an energetic, amicable, and highly organized individual who provides key support to the Foundation Executive Director and the Foundation Board of Trustees in the day-to-day running of the Foundation.
The Foundation Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director. They will work independently and with Foundation committee members. They are a professional in their own right and will be the first face and voice of the Foundation that many donors and prospective donors will encounter.
This individual will receive training and will have the opportunity to learn about fund development and philanthropy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting coordination
- Schedule meetings and events
- Follow up as needed to ensure attendance at meetings
- Send out notices for meetings
- Prepare any material needed for meetings or events
- Record the minutes of meetings
- Transcribe and distribute minutes in a timely manner
- Post meeting follow up as required
- Event coordination and execution
- Mail out invitations for events
- Provide logistical support for projects and special events
- Produce materials for special events as needed
- On site before, during and after special events
- Data, record, and mail maintenance
- Prepare reports and statistical reports, as required
- Process Foundation correspondence
- Enter donor and donation data into the database
- Maintain files, database, calendars, and hard-copy files
- Record the assignment of donors and prospects into the database
- Maintain accurate records of contacts in the database
- External relations
- Serve as a liaison between professional staff, board members, donors, and prospective donors
- Assist with communications between Executive Director and the Board of Trustees
- Assist with updating website and social media
- Advanced written and spoken (English) communication and administrative skills, including excellent telephone manner
- Computer literacy including MS Office products: Word, Excel, Access, Publisher
- Experience with mail-merges and with customer or donor databases
- Website design experience is a plus
- Exceptional time-management, planning, and administrative skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Demonstrate high level of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with donors, volunteers, and community professionals
- Combined four years of full-time work experience and/or higher education
- High degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility
The position requires the Administrative Assistant some flexibility in their work schedule. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required. Salary depends on skills and experience.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and the names of two references. Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.