WHAT WE DO
In support of Central State University, and its students
The Central State University Foundation strives to provide students with opportunities to continue their education and fulfill their dreams. Thanks to generous donors and private partners over the years, the Foundation has used donated funds to help build the endowment, strengthen academic programs and services, enhance the learning environment, and expand scholarship offerings for CSU students. Approximately 95% of CSU students require a scholarship or a grant to help defray college expenses. Since 2001, CSUF has awarded an average of $225,000 per year in scholarships derived from alumni and friends of the university.
In addition, CSUF has supported the university through:
- $1.1 Million for Purchase of CSU Dayton Campus, 840 Germantown Ave. Dayton, Ohio 45402
- $23 Million for the construction of Residence Hall contributed through Marauder LLC
- $400,000 to Establish the Robotics Laboratory
- $1.2 million to Restore Marauder Football
$500,000 to Purchase President’s House
$200,000 to Purchase and Renovate the Kelly House
- $1 million in Funding to Secure Accreditation for College of Education
Central State University Foundation is located in Dr. James A. Elam Hall, CSU Dayton Campus
Dr. James A. Elam ’54, a major donor and co-founder of the Sustained Philanthropist Society, contributed time, wisdom, and cash gifts during his lifetime to support the Alma Mater. He was chairman of several major fundraising campaigns and contributed the funds to purchase the $1.1 million dollar urban campus, CSU Dayton. Dr. Elam, a true Centralian passed away Tuesday, February 3, 2015.